1. The All Progressives Congress (APC) has expelled Ovie Omo-Agege, the senator representing Delta Central Senatorial District in the National Assembly and factional senatorial candidate in the 2019 general election.
APC Delta state chapter led by Cyril Abeye Ogodo took the decision during an emergency meeting of the State Working Committee (SWC ) in Asaba on Wednesday.
2. An articulated vehicle loaded with fuel has gone up in flames, in Akure, the Ondo State capital.
The accident occurred when the petrol tanker, on top speed, tried to avoid colliding with another car. It lost control and immediately exploded when it fell.
3. Gunmen on Wednesday invaded the venue of the Anambra South senatorial primary of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, at the Township Stadium, Ekwulobia, in the Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State.
The gunmen chased away all the delegates and disrupted the primary.
4. Adekunle Akinlade, a member of the House of Representatives (Yewa South/Ipokia Federal Constituency), has been declared winner of the governorship primaries in Ogun State All Progressives Congress (APC).
Akinlade was endorsed by Ogun governor, Ibikunle Amosun.
5. Governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, has congratulated the winner of Tuesday gubernatorial primary election, Babajide Sanwo-Olu,
Ambode accepted the defeat during a world press conference on Wednesday in Ikeja, the state capital.
6. Some youths believed to be supporters of one the aspirants contesting for the Senatorial ticket under the All Progressives Congress ( APC) in the Federal Capital Territory ( FCT) have stormed the APC National Secretariat in protest.
The youths in possession of all kinds of harmful weapons blocked the entrance and exit points along Blantyre Street where the Secretariat is located.
8. Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State on Wednesday night held a closed-door meeting with former President Olusegun Obasanjo in his Abeokuta residence.
Tambuwal told newsmen after the meeting that he was in Abeokuta to consult with Obasanjo in respect of the 2019 poll.
9. Governor Umaru Al-Makura has been elected as the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate for the Nasarawa South senatorial zone election in 2019.
Chairman of the electoral committee, Ismaila Ahmed, represented by the Secretary, Abdullahi Candido, announced the result on Wednesday in Lafia.
10. Aston Villa have officially confirmed the sack of coach Steve Bruce.
This was made known in a statement released through the club’s official Twitter handle on Wednesday by its Chief Executive, Christian Purslow.