1. The Chairman of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, Alhaji Abdullahi Bodejo has averred that lands all over Nigeria belong to the Fulani.
According to him, those claiming to owe a land and would not release it to government for ranching were being selfish and do not want peace in the land.
2. Senior Pastor of House on the Rock Church, Paul Adefarasin, has weighed in on the recent attacks in Plateau State, saying it is a suspected plan by Fulanis to colonize Nigeria.
He berated the Nigerian government for not doing anything to protect the people in the Middle Belt, who are under the constant attack from armed Fulani herdsmen.
3. Six persons were in the early hours of Sunday reportedly killed in an early morning attack on Rahwol-Fwi village, a community in Fan District area of Platea State.
The fresh attack underscored the inability of the security forces to restrain the wanton killing of citizens.
4. The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Sunday, accused the National chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Adam Oshiomhole of deploying false assertions, propaganda and instigating confusion to manipulate and muzzle the electoral process in Taraba and Delta states come 2019 general elections.
The party, therefore, asked Oshiomhole to steer clear of the states as the plot would be resisted by Nigerians across the country.
5. At least three persons were confirmed killed, while scores were injured at the weekend following leadership tussle by members of the National Union of Road Transport workers (NURTW) in Udu local Government Area of Delta State.
The police spokesman in the state, DSP Andrew Aniamaka, said they arrested six persons, and investigation was currently ongoing.
6. Troops of 112 Task Force Battalion deployed in operation LAFIYA DOLE on Saturday while on clearance patrol to Anadawa village of Borno State neutralised five Boko Haram terrorists following a tip off.
Texas Chukwu, Brigadier General, Director Army Public Relations said items recovered include: One AK 47 rifle, One magazine, Four rounds of 7.62mm (special) ammunition and Four Dane guns.
7. Plateau State Initiative for Development and Advancement of the Natives, PIDAN, said over 2,000 people have been killed and about 52 villages wiped away in the various attacks carried out in the state in 2018.
Addressing newsmen in Jos, its president, Dr. Aboi J. K. Madaki, said twenty villages were attacked and all their residents dislodged by those he described as invaders.
8. The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has vowed that there will be no peace in Nigeria if the Fulanis are denied their rights.
Chairman of the MACBAN Plateau State chapter, Mohammadu Nura, accused some communities of depriving herdsmen their indigenous rights, saying this has contributed to the current crisis between herdsmen and farmers.
9. Primate Elijah Ayodele, founder and spiritual head of Inri Evangelical Spiritual Church, Primate Elijah Ayodele, has disclosed how President Muhammadu Buhari can put an end to the killings by alleged armed herdsmen across the country.
Ayodele said the President should change his Security Chiefs because they don’t understand the security situation in Nigeria.
10. Russia and Croatia qualified for the quarter-finals of the ongoing World Cup on Sunday.
The two teams progressed to the next round after defeating their opponents, Spain and Denmark, respectively.