1. Workers on Monday paralysed activities at the Abuja headquarters of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, agitating for the removal of the minister, Mr Okechukwu Enelamah, from office. Report claims that the Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria [ASCSN] of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, in Abuja, requested President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately terminate the appointment of Enelamah. They accused the minister of impunity, corruption, high handedness, injustice and nepotism since assuming office in 2015.
2. Real Madrid midfielder, Luka Modric, has been named FIFA Best Men’s Player of the Year.
Modric won the prize ahead of former team-mate, Cristiano Ronaldo and Liverpool winger, Mohammed Salah, at an event held in London on Monday night.
3. The organised labour on Monday began preparations for its nationwide strike over Federal Government’s delay in the implementation of a new National Minimum Wage. Labour reminded Nigerians that the 14-day ultimatum issued to the federal government expires September 26 and urged them to be prepared. Mr. Joe Ajaero, President, United Labour Congress (ULC), said this in a communiqué issued after its meeting on Monday in Lagos.
4. The Coalition for United Political Parties, CUPP, has accused the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, of working to manipulate the Thursday rerun election in Osun State. CUPP in a statement issued by its spokesman, Ikenga Ugochinyere alleged that credible intelligence revealed that some INEC officers were releasing uncollected PVC to desperate politicians in Osun to be used by imported voters at the rerun.
5. The All Progressives Congress (APC) has again rescheduled its presidential primary, the third time in less than one week. The postponement is the second in 24 hours. On Sunday, the party announced that the presidential primary would hold on September 27, but it has adjusted the date again to Sept. 28 due to the Osun governorship rerun.
6. The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Monday, ordered the All Progressives Congress (APC) to conduct fresh elections for the office of National Organising Secretary (NOS) within 30 days. Justice Nnamdi Dimgba gave the order in a judgment on a suit filed by Sen. Osita Izunaso, a contestant for the office of NOS in the recent APC elective convention.
7. The Deputy Chief Whip of the House of Representatives, Mr Pally Iriase, has been expelled from the All Progressives Congress (APC), over alleged anti-party activities. The lawmaker, who represents Owan Federal Constituency in Edo State, was expelled by his ward and ratified by the Local Government. He was accused of working for the defection of Ward eight and nine APC executives to the PDP, presenting his Personal Assistant, Hilary Ozogo, to contest on the PDP platform and his refusal to attend APC meetings.
8. The Governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, in Osun State, Sen Iyiola Omisore, has said that he will only pledge his support for the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ademola Adeleke, in the Thursday’s rerun of the poll if the party satisfies his conditions. He said payment of salaries and pensions. Good governance is what is important to him, hence he will join anyone willing to do same.
9. The Peoples Democratic Party on Monday commenced the screening of its Presidential aspirants for the 2019 election. The screening was chaired by former Vice President, Namadi Sambo at the party’s Presidential Campaign Office, Legacy House, Maitama, Abuja. The aspirants; former Vice President Atiku Abubakar; Senate President Bukola Saraki; immediate past Senate President David Mark; former Sokoto State governor, Attahiru Bafarawa; and former Minister of Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Affairs, Tanimu Turaki were present for the screening.
10. Abdulfatai Yahaya-Seriki, a governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kwara State, on Monday, claimed that Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki lured him with an appointment to join in the defection gale to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Yahaya-Seriki, one the 13 Kwara APC governorship aspirants told newsmen in Abuja that he rejected the offer and other entreaties by the Senate President.