1. The organised labour has suspended its nationwide warning strike with effect from Sunday, September 30. Ayuba Wabba, the National President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), announced this while briefing journalists at the Labour House in Abuja. Wabba said the organised labour has got a firm commitment from the government, that the Tripartite Committee of the Minimum Wage Committee would reconvene on October 4.
2. Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State Sunday emerged as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) flag bearer for the 2019 governorship election. Delegates from the eighteen local government areas of the state affirmed Governor Ayade as the governorship candidate at the E. J. Esuene Stadium.
3. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo state on Sunday elected Engineer Oluwaseyi Makinde as the gubernatorial candidate of the party ahead of the 2019 general election. Makinde emerged as the gubernatorial candidate of the party at its primary election held at the Obafemi Awolowo Stadium (formerly Liberty Stadium) Oke Ado, Ibadan, the state capital.
4. The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), in Oyo state on Monday morning, elected former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr. Adebayo Adelabu as the gubernatorial candidate of the party ahead of the 2019 general elections. Adelabu emerged as the gubernatorial candidate of the party at its primary election held at Lekan Salami Stadium, Adamasingba, Ibadan, the state capital.
5. The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has expelled the Alhaji Ishola Balogun-Fulani-led Kwara executive from the party for organizing an illegal primary in the state. This was announced in a statement issued by the APC acting National Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena on Sunday. New dates have been fixed for the party’s primaries in the state.
6. Governor of Katsina State, Aminu Masari, has emerged the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the State for the 2019 election. The Chairman, APC Gubernatorial Primary Election in the state, Dr Isa Adamu, announced the result on Sunday in Katsina. Out of the 5,627 votes that were cast during the primary election, Masari scored 5,562 votes to emerge winner.
7. The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Niger State has endorsed Governor Abubakar Bello as the Party’s flag bearer ahead of the 2019 governorship election. Report has it that members of the party from the 274 wards trooped out in their number to affirm Bello as the party’s flag bearer.
8. The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, on Sunday emerged as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2019 general election in Rivers. Wike, while making an acceptance speech after emerging victorious at the PDP primary election, thanked the delegates for electing him, promising that he would not disappoint those who placed their confidence in him.
9. Akinwunmi Ambode, the Lagos State governor, has stated that Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the preferred candidate of the Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s camp, is not fit to rule the state. He said this during a world press conference at the Lagos House, Alausa, Ikeja, on Sunday. Giving reasons for his position, Ambode claimed that Sanwo-Olu was some time ago arrested for fraud in America and had also been to a rehabilitation home.
10. Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has been overwhelmingly elected as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the February 2019 governorship election in the state. Governor Ugwuanyi, who was the sole aspirant in the colourful and hitch-free governorship primary election held at the popular Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu, emerged the party’s candidate after polling the highest number of votes cast by the delegates.