1. Two of the occupants of a Sienna car kidnapped along 9th Mile expressway, Enugu State during the weekend have been rescued. Report said that the two victims, 22-year-old Kate Oibe and Samuel Oibe,13, were rescued by the Enugu State Police Command on Monday evening alongside two others.
2. A Delta State High Court sitting in Asaba has sentenced a kidnapper of a Warri-based journalist, James Okporua Otobrise, to 17 years in prison. The court, presided over by Hon. Justice F.N. Azinge (Mrs.) handed down the judgement after the prosecution counsel, a Deputy Director, T.P.I, Urai and E.S. Ifedora, dragged the case to court.
3. Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has sent the name of the Commissioner for Agriculture, Alhaji Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna to the state Assembly as his Deputy Governor nominees. Alhaji Kabiru Rurum announced this at plenary while reading the letter sent to the House by the governor on Monday.
4. The Inspector General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Idris, has directed that the court summons against the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, in relation to the ongoing investigation into the April 5, 2018 bank robbery incident in Offa, Kwara State, be served on him. The IGP has asked a unit within the Nigeria Police Force’s Legal Department, Force headquarters, Abuja to ensure the prompt delivery of the court processes on Saraki before the next date, October 3 2018.
5. The leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of projecting an Islamic agenda. The body said the President has made three key appointments in the last few days, but that none is from the South or a Christian.
6. The National Pension Commission (PenCom) said it had released N86.7 billion to sacked workers of various companies who had been into Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS).
PenCom Acting Director-General, Mrs Aisha Dahir-Umar, who disclosed this on Monday in Lagos, said the amount was for the settlement of 275,172 disengaged workers.
7. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has accused the Federal Government of smuggling erstwhile Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, out of the country to prevent her from exposing how the Presidency cabal, including close relations and associates of President Muhammadu Buhari fleeced the nation of trillions of Naira.
The party said by congratulating Adeosun, even after she had admitted her culpability on issues of forgery and corrupt practices, the APC-led government has further showed it is a party of corruption.
8. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, on Monday declared that he will do everything possible to ensure that his son-in-law and former Chief of Staff, Uche Nwosu, becomes the next governor of the state. Okorocha said he wouldn’t mind putting his blood and life down to ensure that Nwosu succeeds him as governor.
9. Former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Barnabas Gemade has defected from the party to the Social Democratic Party (SDP) weeks after joining them. Gemade said Benue state governor, Samuel Ortom betrayed him over Benue north east senatorial ticket.
10. An Ikeja High court sitting in Lagos State on Monday, sentenced two former gang members of billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike, also known as Evans to 41 years in prison.
Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo sentenced the convicts, 32-year-old Kelvin Emenike Ukoh and Emeka Obasi, 33 over the abduction of one Ugoje Jude, a shipping agent, and his staff, Miss Piriye Gogo on August 3, 2012.