1. The Director of Media for the Buhari Campaign Organisation, Mr. Festus Keyamo (SAN), has claimed that the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar made money through illegal means and cheating the system.
Keyamo, SAN claimed that Atiku’s only successful business was Integrated Logistics Services Nigeria Limited, popularly known as INTEL, adding that his university ran on public funds.
2. Justice Binta Nyako of Federal High Court in Abuja, has withdrawn from the 19 suits challenging the status of the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
The suits were filed last year in respect of the validity or otherwise of Magu remaining as the Acting Chairman of the EFCC.
3. Commercial activities in Jos, the Plateau State capital were on Monday temporarily brought to a halt as residents of the state stormed the streets to protest the endless killings in the state.
The protesters are calling for the prosecution of those behind the ongoing killings in the state.
4. The Senate Tuesday rose from a meeting and resolved to put to rest the contentious political and parliamentary issues that had distracted it ahead of the 2019 general elections.
The meeting which held behind closed doors for 20 minutes was said to have attracted expressions of serious worries by lawmakers concerning recent political disturbances in the upper chamber.
5. The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Osun State has advised the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to steer clear of partisan politics in Nigeria.
The party also accused CAN of being pro-PDP, explaining that the intervention of the Christian body in politics and legal matters was because of its emotional political disposition in favour of the PDP not for the interest of justice.
6. The Federal Government is set to commence the final verification and payment of N22.6 billion entitlements to all former staff of the defunct Nigeria Airways.
Paul Abechi, the Special Adviser on Media to the Finance Minister, Mrs. Zaibab Ahmed, said the payment exercises will hold at Sky-Power Catering, Ikeja, Lagos; ABC (former Nigeria Airways Office), Bank Road, Kano; and Villa Toscana Hotel, at 1 Aguleri Street, Independent Layout, Enugu.
7. The Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, has said that he won’t leave the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the All Progressives Congress.
He stated this while reacting to a statement by the Ekiti Chairman of APC, Paul Omotoso, who said Fayose was not wanted in the party.
8. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has set up a special team to grill the outgoing Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose.
Fayose is expected to show up at the EFCC office next week.
9. The Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has fired another shot at President Muhammadu Buhari.
In a statement from his media office in Abuja on Tuesday, Atiku said President Buhari had never been a good businessman.
10. The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has told its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, things to look out for as he he searches for his Vice ahead of 2019.
Some criteria were set for who should partner Atiku to enable the party defeat President Muhammadu Buhari in the February 14, 2019 presidential election.